Gabourey Sidibe Covers Nylon Magazine


Gabourey Sidibe covered the most recent issue of Nylon Magazine, the 33 year old actress underwent weight loss surgery last year, she talked about her struggle with  her weight , 






For a period in high school, Sidibe stopped eating lunch at school for fear that other students would judge her. She became bulimic in college. “I always wanted to throw up because I was so sad,” she confides, adding that she’s also struggled with panic attacks and depression and has contemplated (but not attempted) suicide. “I really liked challenging myself to not eat for three days,” she says. “Sometimes I would eat a slice of bread and drink a bottle of water just to throw it up.”Eventually, through dialectical behavior therapy and guidance, she learned how to battle her eating disorders. And in May of last year, Sidibe underwent laparoscopic weight loss surgery. After 11 years of considering it as an absolute last resort, she finally decided it was the best choice. A bariatric surgeon had recommended the treatment to help her fight diabetes. In preparation, she hired a trainer, started eating healthier meals, and lost 15 pounds. The weight fluctuated, but it was a start. Post-surgery, she wrote two chapters of her book “high as fuck” on liquid Oxycodone, she says. She was determined to finish it no matter what.The operation shrunk her stomach and helped decrease her appetite. She’s no longer diabetic, and has experienced significant weight loss and a major body transformation. Fans have been noticing. She shrugs off some of the more careless comments on her recent Instagram selfies. “You don’t get to talk about my body if you like it or not; it’s my body,” she says. “And yeah, I have been struggling with weight my entire life. I realize that as long as I have a body, it will be a struggle.”
she looks smashing! Read the full interview here

Popular Posts