Tamar Braxton Talks Pregnancy on Flaunt Magazine

You have to love Tamar, her and her crazy in your face personality. Pregnant women, is Tamar right? Have Yall been glamorizing pregnancy? lol...


Tamar Braxton wore diamonds while giving birth to her son after bingeing on TLC’s A Baby Story, a show that scarred her for life. “The women on that show looked horrible! I didn’t understand that. Why wouldn’t you just put on a bun and some mascara and some lip gloss?” she says, intently stirring honey into a cup of hot water at the New York Mandarin Oriental. “I wanted my baby to meet me and be like, ‘Oh, this is my mama!’”
What would you want your son, or any children you have in the future, to understand about reality television?
Well, I’m not having any kids in the future.
Oh no?
God no. I hated being pregnant. I felt like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. It’s beautiful and it’s great just like everyone says, but there’s another side to it. My back. My feet. My skin went absolutely nuts. I had the itchies the whole day. Imagine scratching all day and you can never get to the itch.
So, you think there is a side to pregnancy that isn’t openly discussed?
Yes. People lie to you. I was one hundred percent open and honest on Tamar and Vince because I was upset. I didn’t instantly connect with my baby, and no one told me this was common. I was jealous because Vince and the baby connected instantly. It’s not that I didn’t love him; it’s not that I didn’t want to connect with him. I was upset because I didn’t instantly connect with him. I didn’t cry when I first saw him. I was confused. I was like, “What do I do now?”

Read the Rest of the Interview here
Stylist: Robert Behar
Hair: Rod Ortega
Makeup: Terrell Mullin
Manicure: Emi Kudo

Popular Posts