Sopranos Star James Gandolfini Dies
Best Known as Tony Soprano...James Gandolfini, 51, Died while vacationing in Italy. I knew this Man from the Soprano..which was and always will be my favorite show 9 years straight. He was a good actor. May his Soul Rest in Peace.
James Gandolfini, the US actor best known for his role as a therapy-seeking mob boss in The Sopranos, has died at the age of 51.Know more about the actor and check out my favorite scene from the Sopranos
Gandolfini suffered a possible heart attack while on holiday in Rome, the US HBO TV network told the BBC.
According to TMZ website, New Jersey-born Gandolfini went to Italy to attend a film festival in Sicily.
above all my years of watching it, I never thought they'd whack Tony in the end. I cried,lol.
- 1961: Born in Westwood, New Jersey to school dinner lady and a bricklayer, both of Italian descent
- Gained BA in Communications from Rutgers University
- 1992: Spent six months performing in Broadway's On the Waterfront.
- 1993: Played woman-beating mafia enforcer Virgil in Tony Scott's True Romance
- 1999: Deput appearance as New Jersey Mafia boss Tony Soprano, for which he won won three Emmys and a Golden Globe during its eight-year-run
- 2007: Produced HBO documentary on injured Iraq War veterans and their devotion to America
- 2012: Executive producer of HBO film Hemingway & Gellhorn, starring Clive Owen and Nicole Kidman